Monday, August 3, 2009

Michigan

So I have had a really hard time getting all these pictures together just because there are so many of them that I wanted to share. So now we have two slide shows. I can't seem to get the HTML for the second one right so I am just going to post it in a separate post.

So what to say about our trip to Michigan... We all had a great time. The kids still talk about their trip to Windmill Island and Avery wears her wooden shoes around the house on a regular basis. The loved swimming in Lake Michigan even though I didn't bring bathing suits (why? because I thought it would be cold, which it wasn't) and they swam in their clothes. We looked ridiculous but they loved it. They also ran down their first sand dunes. Harrison did it over and over until I thought he would collapse. It was cool for me to see them do some of the things I loved doing when I was little. What else? I saw some of my friends from State and their kids which always makes me happy. I got to see a movie with my brothers and Ashley (and free grandma babysitting which is something I don't have here - amazing!)I went with my mom to a beading class... yes I really did. And I got to go to my first Poolooza, I've always been jealous I couldn't attend so it was really fun for me! We never have enough time to see everyone and visit everything we'd like but we are always ready to get home as well.





0 comments: