Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ear piercing

So I really don't know where to start to get caught up so I am starting with today and will probably be adding non-chronological posts randomly until we are back to current.

So today Avery got her ears pierced. She asked to have them done a few months ago and we made a deal. I told her that it would hurt a bit (I probably made it sound worse than it would be)but whenever she thought it was worth it we would go. A few months passed, it would come up sometimes but she always said no she wasn't ready. Until last Wednesday. She stayed for all day school with her friends, all of which are already 5 and already have their ears pierced. That was enough. She came home and said "mom I want my ears pierced" and I said "remember it will hurt a bit" and she said "let's go before school tomorrow" and she didn't budge from that point on. I did make her wait until the weekend but this morning we went and put some holes in her ears. She is the proud owner of some fancy rainbow crystal daisies (they only had balls and stars when I got mine done) and she didn't cry or even flinch when they did it. {{big sigh}} She is growing up so fast these days....


0 comments: