Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Monster Party (Round 3)

SO yesterday was Harrison's birthday party with friends. He picked 5 friends and we all went to Monsters vs. Aliens 3-D and then home for pizza and cake. At the movie theater I was amazed at just grown-up they have gotten. They sat in the row in front of us (me, Avery and a couple mom friends) all by themselves. They were quiet and so good, listening to them crack up was a high point for me. It made me think how fast the last 7 years have gone and how terrifying it is that soon not only will I not be sitting with him but he will want me to drop him off(probably from around the corner)... time just flies. So being the over planning mom I am I was all concerned about what they would do when they got back to the house...games, they all seemed to young or too old to me. But if you need to entertain a bunch of seven-yr-olds (and some adults) all you need are balloons. We had a tank of helium, long balloons short balloons, big balloons, and punching balloons and they blew up and popped them the entire time. It was loud, I think my dog is traumatized but Harrison said it was "the best party ever" so we succeeded.After the movie, the ones who would let me take their picture"Happy birthday to you............"
(notice Avery..she is getting mad cause Harrison won't let her sit with him)(Notice Avery facing the wall because Harrison won't let her sit with him)Just being HarrisonTold you...balloons....

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow. 7. all I can say is wow...and, of course, HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRISON!!!!